Monday, April 19, 2010

Holy Spirit or Coincidence?

I have a silly little story for you. There's no climax, but hey. What do you want? I would like you to analyze the situation, and tell me if the end result was the Holy Spirit's doing, or just a coincidence. I will let all you common sense theologians discern for yourself.

Early this morning, I was getting ready for school. Right before I left, I felt something tell me to take an extra pair of pants with me. I thought this was weird, but I thought, "what the hey." So I went upstairs and looked for my comfy sweatpants. I couldn't find them and settled for my starchy sweatpants. When I opened my backpack to put them inside, my comfy sweatpants were already inside... creepy?

Well then I was off to school in my jeans. I had a pretty uneventful day until lunchtime. If anyone knows Angelo, they know him for his outgoing personality, and his ability to raise a ruckus. Well he was telling a story, and in true Angelo fashion, it ending in his laughing uncontrollably with his entire body. While flailing his arms, he managed to knock over a glass of milk. Low and behold that glass of milk fell right on my lap, drenching my right leg. He felt sorry, and I was mad for a split second. But then I remembered, "Oh wait, I have an extra pair of pants in my car (which never happens)." So I got them out of my car, and now I am typing this dry, warm, and comfy.

Now tell me my little theologians. Was that an act of the Holy Spirit, or was that just a stupid coincidence? I am not sure, so tell me what you think.

1 comment:

  1. LOOOVE IT! Not just coincidence. Perhaps it could be claimed as such if you hadn't had that inkling before hand - but such a though definitely proves there's more at work in our lives than we give credit to. I love to hear little things like this; its such a good reminder to us that God is always watching out for us, even in the little, seemingly insignificant things!

    ReplyDelete