Monday, April 26, 2010

Blame it on the rain

I understand that for the next few days, we are going to have yucky weather. All you have to do is step outside for one minute, and you can be depressed the rest of the day. Rain always makes me avoid being outside. I hate feeling cold and wet. It does not hurt me at all, I just do not like it.

But there is one thing that the rain does for me. I realize that after the rain, the air will smell clean, and the grass will be a brilliant green. The earth itself will come alive.

Now if you have been following my blog, you have come to expect me to find a spiritual application in every situation. I will not let you down this time either.

Even though we are the church of God, we are still human. After a while, we lose our vigor, and seem to die. Our leaves turn brown, even though our roots stay strong. When God wants us to thrive again, he revives us by showering us with the Word. We may not like the harsh message He has for us, but we need it. It is cold, wet, and uncomfortable. But after a while, it feels good.

After the time of this revival, we are once again green and pure. We are alive again, ready to praise him with all we got.

No comments:

Post a Comment