Thursday, March 18, 2010

Proof for the supernatural

There are many experiences from HACC that have made a lasting impression on me. One such impression happened during my philosophy class. One of the students said that scientists are now saying that there are multiple dimensions to this world, or at least, more than previously thought. I brought this point up with my mentor at the time, Mike Pierce, and after humbly telling me we sense four dimensions instead of three (I described the world as having three dimensions), he told me that scientists have been thinking that for a while.

I could never really wrap my mind around this. I was completely bent out of shape trying to figure out how can there be more than 4 dimensions. Where do they fit?

This information came up again last semester in my life of Christ class. The professor said that scientists say that there are ten dimensions, and that whatever created them had to be outside of all of them.

Well I knew this was helping the argument for God, but I still could not wrap my mind around another 6 dimensions to this natural world.

After much contemplation, I think I have figured out where they fit. Think of a three dimensional box. You can measure the height, width, and depth. Now pinpoint a specific point inside the box. Remember high school math class? Go up 3, right 2, and in 4. Confused? Sorry. Not confused? Keep going.

Now zoom into that spot. When you zoomed in a million times, you will notice that spot is its own block with its own height, width, and depth. Do the same process a few more times. The tiny box you are now looking at is the natural world. It has space. But in order for anything to happen, there needs to be time, the fourth dimension. This dimension is the width of the box bigger than the natural world's block. The height is the spiritual realm. The other dimensions? I am not sure. But at least you now know how to measure them. Each set of three dimensions is its own box inside another box.

Would not anything outside of the natural world be scientifically classified as supernatural?

No comments:

Post a Comment