Thursday, February 25, 2010

My Perspective Is Eternal

This week at LBC, we hosted a missions conference. There were missionaries from all over the world who shared their vision, and hoped to recruit a few more harvesters for the field. Their stories were touching, and their passion was convicting.

One special session was devoted to agonizing over the lost. They called this session, "A Call To Anguish." During the hour, we watched a clip from the internet taken from a pastor's sermon. His sermon was also entitled, "A call to anguish." In the selection that we listened to, the pastor stated that passion is born from anguish, and we as Americans no longer anguish over the lost. There are 1600 people groups that have never even heard the gospel. We hear stats like that, shake our heads, say "that's terrible," and go back to the news.

"THAT.. SHOULD... NOT... BE!" -John Piper

Well I took the challenge to anguish. I knelt to pray, said, "My Father," and broke down. I completely lost it. My heart was in turmoil over the fact that there are people that have never known him, and probably never will. Families, fathers, mothers... children: all dying and going to hell.

After contemplating this truly inconvenient truth, I went to work. I started talking to the other man I work with, and realized that my mission field is right here.

The man I work with grew up in a Christian home, so he knows just about everything there is to know about Christianity. I asked him what his views are and he said that he does not care if God exists or not. So, I guess he would be labeled an apathetic agnostic.

I then got this vision of seeing him in Heaven, but not in the good sense. I was picturing death and hades giving up its dead, the damned bowing down, and then burning in the lake of fire. He was among the damned.

Brothers and sisters, my heart is bleeding for this man. I have never felt so much anguish and pain for one person before. Please, please I beg of you, pray for this man. Pray that Satan's darkness will be lifted from his heart, and the gospel will permeate his entire being. I do not want to worship in Heaven without him.

No comments:

Post a Comment