Thursday, January 21, 2010

Random, yet logical.

I am going to invite you to come with me on a journey. By the end, you might remember seeing tangerine trees, and marmalade skies. It is the journey that I call my own random-pointed logic. It may seem dazed and confused, but it is how I learn things. And this time, I learned something quite exceptional. Enjoy.

I took a class last semester called 'Romans.' No, this class was not a study on the history of the Roman empire. Rather, this class was on the Epistle of Romans, written by the apostle Paul. In chapter thirteen, Paul demands that the believers obey the government...even if the government is corrupt. My proffessor then answered the question that was on everybody's mind (no, not Obama health-care). He talked about the American revolution. It is often debated if our fore-fathers had the right to stand up against their king, and rebel. He said that the answer is really quite simple: They were not Christians. Their being nonbelievers takes them away from God's standards of living. They were instruments for God's bigger plan.

After pondering on this topic for a month or so, I realized that the union rebels were much like the pharaoh--God's tool to bring about good for his children. But then I thought, 'this simply goes back to the question I have been asking for years--Why did God not simply make everyone good? He then would not have to have vessels of wrath to save His children. They would all be His children.'

I had a friend my freshman year of college who was one year older than I was. He seemed to have it all together, but that one question was still bugging him. Why would God create a being that would sin and in-turn, be damned?

I believe I now have the answer. If God created a perfect human race that never sinned, then loving them would have been expected and easy. Creating a race He knew would reject Him, and still love them, is worth the glory that He demands.

Too simple for you? Sorry. It is the best I could do. My motto is, "Let simplicity reign."

So let us give Him the glory he deserves for loving a rejecting and sinful world. All of creation owes Him that, even the girl with kaleidoscope eyes.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for including the Beatles reference. It helps me relate. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well to me that wasn't random haha unless i'm us to the way you think. I think it was very clear well done babe!

    ReplyDelete